Thursday, May 2, 2013

My first face to face...World Building and Creative Writing workshop...

 Taking every opportunity to share promotional items for the Chronicles of Caleath and also Edith and Francene's Higher Ground series and Edith's Strays of Rio.
Showing a Vistaprint addiction well out of control, but the postcards, brochures, banners and bookmarks were well received.

Oh, and the workshop went well too, as far as I could tell. The feedback I was given was all positive.
Once my nerves settled and creative writing exercises began, the writers unlocked their imagination and a dozen new and exciting worlds were created.
Diverse characters, from a beam of light, to feathered fingered creature, to a Ninja chef and multi faceted landscapes, backgrounds and threats were woven into a short detailed scenario.

I hope the participants had as much fun as I did. Their creative talents were amazing. :)


Lovely feedback from the workshop... Coffs Harbour Writers' Group webpage.


What's the most useful workshop you have attended?
What would you look for in a workshop, to count it as successful?

2 comments:

Wendy said...

sounds like extreme fun. Nothing better than inspiring writers to create new work, especially if it gets them thinking outside the box.

Rosalie Skinner said...

Thanks Wendy, I had fun, seems the guests had fun experimenting in a new genre.