Saturday, February 2, 2013

Finding the Fun in writing Fantasy...

Fantasy is a genre where almost anything goes. As an author I love to be transported into other realms where dragons fly, heroes ride war horses, and  the damsels in distress are not helpless but are talented and feisty.

With magic and science to play with it is great fun to be in the process of plotting an new novel. For a few years I have been concentrating on releasing the Chronicles of Caleath.
Now I am looking forward to continuing the adventure on another world, across the vast distances of space.

Finally my Muse has awoken and with a vengeance. The scope of the plot has me itching to write. The cast of characters are waiting in the wings. They have came to life in book one of the series...with the working title 'Signs' and now they want their adventure to continue...no matter the danger, conflict in interest, or their own peril.

Now all I need is to put pen to paper and craft the world.
This is going to be fun. :)

4 comments:

Francene Stanley said...

Go, Roaslie, go! What fun. Your characters keep finding new things to do. I'm so glad you're filled with enthusiasm to write another book.

Rosalie Skinner said...

Thanks Francene,
It's been a while since my character's demanded attention. Now they seem to be happy to continue their adventures. Perhaps they were worn out. hehe.

Wendy said...

The first step is always the hardest -so the song says - so you are on the right path :) Do your characters have names yet? And your world. Is it still in black and white or has it already burst into technicolour?

Rosalie Skinner said...

LOL Wendy,
Yes, characters all have names... and the world is technicolour.
So, ticking the boxes, all I need to do is put pen to paper.. and the rest is easy?
I sure hope you are right!